- Your password and any replies from REC will be sent to the email address you entered as your username.
- The sender's address will be firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to avoid emails from REC being filtered as junk mail, you should save this email address in your contact list/address book.
- For security reasons, passwords are computer-generated.
- You may order a new password if you forget your password or require a new one for other reasons.
- A new password can be ordered an unlimited number of times.
- Yes, you must have a username and password as a co-user.
- If a Project Manager appoints you as a co-user and you are not already a user of the portal, you will receive an email with information about how to request user access and a password.
- You use the same username and password for the cases for which you are the Project Manager or Responsible Manager as well as the cases for which you are a co-user.
- Yes, you can be a Project Manager, Responsible Manager and co-user with the same username and password.
- My User Page will show details of the cases you have created and/or submitted yourself and the cases for which you are a co-user.
- In order to view the draft form as a co-user, you must be logged on with exactly the same email address that the Project Manager entered as your username in the form.
- The draft form will not be shown if you are logged on with a different username, for example an alias address or an address to which email to the stated username is forwarded.
- If you are a new user, after you have logged in for the first time you will be directed to My User Profile. Required information in your user profile is written in red text. There is also a link to edit your profile. When you have completed all the required fields in your user profile, you will be able to access the draft application form as a co-user.
- In order to view a folder as a co-user, you must be logged on with exactly the same email address entered as your username when co-users were created for the case portfolio.
- The folder will not be shown if you are logged on with a different username, for example an alias address or an address to which email for the stated username is forwarded.
- If you are a new user, after you have logged in for the first time you will be directed to My User Profile. Required information in your user profile is written in red text. There is also a link to edit your profile. When you have completed all the required fields in your user profile, you will be able to access the case folder as a co-user.
- No, only the Project Manager can create and submit forms for research projects and only the Responsible Manager can create and submit forms for general research biobanks.
- The forms obtain information from the user profile and/or previously submitted forms for the person creating the form.
- Forms that are not created by the Project Manager or the Responsible Manager will be lacking important information and may be rejected for processing by REC.
- Even if you have access to the electronic forms when you are logged on to the portal, you can only create and submit a form if you are the Project Manager or the Responsible Manager.
- The Project Changes and Reports forms contain sections for information about the original project.
- When this information has been completed, the form will be submitted to the correct REC for subsequent review.
- The original project application should not be re-submitted.
Research collaboration or funding in the USA requires that the ethics committee (Institutional Review Board - IRB) is accredited and that the Research Manager is Federalwide Assurance (FWA)-approved by the Office for Human Research Protections (OHR).
REC is accredited with the following IRB numbers:
IRB00001871 REC South East A
IRB00006244 REC South East B
IRB00001870 REC South East C
IRB00006245 REC South East D
IRB00001872 REC West
IRB00001873 REC Central
IRB00001874 REC North
- Problems can often occur with browsers because the browser history (browser cache) crashes. The solution is then to delete the browser history.
- For Internet Explorer: Select Tools and Internet Options and click Delete browsing history.
- Click Delete all and then Yes.
- Ensure that this is the only Internet Explorer window you have open. To be sure, it may be a good idea to log off and then log on again.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
- Go to the website where you had problems and try again.
You will find a link to change your username/email address on My User Page after login.
It is you responsibility to ensure that you have entered your own correct email address and that the email address is entered correctly.
Your emal address will become your username for logging on to the REC case portal.
The username address will be used in all correspondence from REC.
You can change your email address for login and correspondence in the portal several times. You can also change it back to an email address you have uses previously.
When logging in, you must remember to use your last registrered email address. Your password will stay the same until you ask for a new password.
It is your responsibility so ensure that emails sent from the address email@example.com are not filtered as spam in your email inbox.
If you have edited your user profile recently, the changes will not be visible in a draft form immediately after it is opened.
The changes will be visible after the form page has been updated, either by refreshing the web browser or by performing actions in the form (Save, Next, Previous, Save and close).
- For general research biobanks, there are only electronic forms for applying for advance approval (Biobanksøknad) and applying for approval of changes (Biobankendring).
- For reports, final reports or other communication about a general research biobank, please send an email with attachment.
- You cannot use the forms for a Research Project.
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org Remember to include the name of the respective REC in the subject field of the email (REC South East, REC West, REC Central or REC North).
- A separate email must be sent for each general research biobank.
- You must open the form in another web browser or on a computer with another version of the web browser in order to edit a text field that has been locked.
- For some of the text fields in the electronic forms, there is a character limit. The form will count down and show the number of ramaining characters as you type your text. When you try to paste text which exceeds the limit into fields, the form will shorten the text according to the length restrictions. You should then be able to edit the text you have entered.
- However, for some web browsers, it is possible to exceed the length restrictions, and the field will show negative numbers for the number of remaining characters. The text field will then be locked for editing, and you will only be able to edit it when you open your form in a version of the web browser that does not cause this error.